Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The Debt is Saved but the Dream is Dying

The “full faith and credit” of the United States is saved!  And at the last minute, too!  What wonderful . . .
But there is something missing.  In fact there are a lot of somethings missing.  A sickness seems present.  A pollution seems slowly spreading across the nation.  We are like people who have just received very, very bad news.  Stuff like that takes a while to seep in. 
Much of this centers around the president.  He was the one we were expecting to step forward and bang on the pots and pans, to blow the trumpet and to stampede the wild creatures who attacked.  But no.  Obama played it Very Cool.  I suspect much of this was about the upcoming election.  
Obama has no democratic opposition.  He will be nominated and will run. And he will probably be reelected.  Largely because the republicans are in such disarray. They have NO one to run, and those who are likely to be nominated are biding their time and hedging their bets.  
But there is a blast coming from the south.  It will blow all the other republican “candidates” out of the picture.  I am talking about Rick Perry, governor of Texas.  He will be able to control the republican party and he can capture the Tea Party people.  He is not yet fully visible, but as he has already indicated, he senses that God has called him.  Plus – he has a LOT of very rich people ready to back him.
However.  If I were a republican,  and if I were looking for the best possible person to be my president of the United States, I would have to think HARD about voting for anyone else than Obama.  Sure, I know he “runs” as a democrat, but hey – look closely.  As the Good Book says, “ . . . by its fruits, you shall know what kind of tree it is.”  
If I were a republican, I think I would have to vote for Obama.

No comments: