Friday, November 11, 2011

Perry is Now Only a Memory


“Well I wanna tell you somethin and when I am through you will never forget it!  Let me begin by telling you who I am!  My name is JAMES  - RICK -  . . . .  uh . . . lesseeee . . . ah . . . ah . . .“ 

Someone else interjects “Perry?”  
“YEAH!,  heh - heh - PERRY!” He grins, “Now lemme tell yu what I was goina tell you, and by the way – and don’t forget this – my name IS . . . uh . . . ah . . . heh-heh? . . .ah?”
Someone else “PERRY?”
“Yeah, PERRY! - sorry, sorry ‘bout that.”  
So he speaks, and when he is through, the moderator comments and then says, “And by the way, your name IS Perry, right?”
The speaker replies, “Oh no, no no, Bush? No, no . . . Reagan? no no I don know . . .”  He confers with one of the other speakers and then turns to the moderator and grins, “Yeah.”  
Well, that’s not quite what we saw on TV the other night, but that’s what we will always remember.

No comments: